JONZ NORINE is a civil litigation attorney and the the managing partner at Kenny & Norine.
Mr. Norine has lived and practiced law in Redding since 1996 and has represented clients in every county of Northern California. His favorite cases are the ones with particularly complicated and vexing problems. He has developed something of a specialty in unravelling and then resolving cases that seemed nearly intractable. Mr. Norine focuses on the critical steps to achieve an outcome that is in the client's best interest. Some cases can be resolved quickly and inexpensively if they are assessed in a logical way. Others require pin-point strategies that will get them in shape so that an advantageous result can be negotiated. Then there are those cases where trial is the only solution. In those instances, Mr. Norine will take the case to verdict and prosecute or defend the appeal if necessary.
Listed below are a sampling of the different kinds of cases Mr. Norine has resolved by trial, arbitration, motions to dismiss, mediation, or settlement:
· Personal Injury
· Premises Liability
· Product Liability
· Public Entity Liability
· Insurance Coverage
· Insurance Bad Faith Allegations
· Professional Liability (physicians, pharmacists, accountants, real estate agents/brokers, mechanics, etc.)
· Contract Disputes and Liability
· Construction Defects
· Fire Cause Liabilty
· Directors & Officers Liability
· HOA Disputes/ Claims including Davis-Stirling Act Violations
· Medical Care Violations
· Medical Contract/Business Violations including Stark Law
· Pharmaceutical Injury Allegations
· Elder Care Facility Liability
· Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act Allegations (EADACPA)
· Discrimination Allegations (ADA, FHA, FEHA, Unruh Civil Rights, Civil Code 12900, 42 USC Section 1983 Civil Rights Violations)
· Employment Law (wrongful termination, discrimination, disability leave violations)
· Wage and Hour Allegations
· Labor Code Violations
· Land Use Allegations (easements, encroachment, nuisance, eminent domain, Surface Mining and Reclamation Act of 1975 (SMARA), Williamson Act, Water Code)
· Real Estate Transactions
· Real Estate Sales Allegations including failures to disclose and breach of fiduciary duty
· Business Law (corporate, shareholder, partnership disputes/dissolutions)
· Maritime Torts and Product Liability
· Transportation Violations (tractor/trailer accident liability)
· Banking Law Violations (Business and Professions Code 17200 Unfair Competition, wrongful foreclosure, HAMP violations, HOLA law and pre-emption defense, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA))
· Auto Dealership Liability
· Environmental and Toxic Substance Violations
· Sports Event and Organizer Liability
Originally from Minnesota, and having studied abroad, Mr. Norine has lived in Far Northern California for more than 2 decades. After graduation from high school in Buffalo, Minnesota, he was an exchange student in Durban, South Africa, studied international relations, economics, German, and law at Philipps Universität in Marburg, Germany, and obtained his Bachelor of Arts degrees in Political Science and German from California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California in 1992, graduating Cum Laude. He obtained his law degree from Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota and also studied international and comparative law at University of Oslo College of Law in Norway.
Jonz, his wife, Karina, and their 2 sons enjoy the outdoors together. When not in the office, he is probably out biking, skiing, kayaking, camping, and/or hiking - maybe all on the same day.
Reported Cases: Whittemore v. Owens Healthcare-Retail Pharmacy, Inc., 185 Cal.App.4th 1194 (2010); Curtiss v. Short, 2008 WL 332378.
Professional Organizations: American Bar Association; State Bar of California; Shasta-Trinity Counties Bar Association; Northern California Association of Defense Counsel; Defense Research Institute; Association of Defense Trial Attorneys; American College of Trial Lawyers.